Best DDOS Tools for Kali Linux
DOS (Denial of Service) is an attack that prevents legitimate users from accessing a resource, like a website, email, network, etc. Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) is a type of DoS attack which is carried out by a group of compromised machines that all target the same victim. It floods the computer network with data packets.
There are three types of DDoS Attacks:
- Volume-based attacks
- Application layer attacks
- Protocol attacks
A distributed denial-of-service attack against a target server can be created using a variety of DDoS attack tools. In this tutorial, we will discuss various types of DDoS tools for Kali Linux.
Purpose of DDoS Attack
Usually, the purpose of a DDoS attack is to crash the website. The duration of a DDoS attack is determined by whether the attack is on the network layer or the application layer. Network layer attacks last for 48 to 49 hours at the most. Application layer attack last for 60 to 70 days at most.
The DDoS or any other attack like this attack is illegal as per the Computer Misuse act 1990. Since it is illegal, an attacker could face a punishment of imprisonment.
Best DDoS Tools for Kali Linux
The following is the list of Best DDoS Tools for Kali Linux:
- LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon)
- HOIC (High Orbit Ion Cannon)
- HULK (http Unbearable Load King)
- TOR’s Hammer
- RUDY (R U Dead Yet ?)
- OWASP HTTP POST
In Kali Linux, GoldenEye is a free and open-source tool that is available on GitHub. With the help of this tool, we can perform a denial-of-service attack. The framework of this tool is written in .NET Core. This tool comes with a lot of base classes and extensions that we can use in our regular work. This tool allows a single machine to take down another web server of the machine by using totally legal HTTP traffic. It establishes a full TCP connection and then needs only a few hundred requests at long-term and consistent intervals. As a result, the tool does not require a large amount of traffic to exhaust the server’s available connections.
Features of GoldenEye
The following are the features of the GoldenEye:
- GoldenEye is an open-source tool; as a result, we can download it from GitHub at no cost.
- GoldenEye can be used to carry out a denial-of-service attack by creating a large amount of botnet traffic.
- GoldenEye uses fully legitimate HTTP
- With the help of this tool, we can perform DDoS attacks on any webserver.
- GoldenEye sends numerous requests to the target, resulting in generating heavy traffic botnets.
The most effective tool for initiating a dos attack is slowloris. It operates by establishing numerous connections to the targeted web server and maintaining them open as long as possible. It accomplishes this by repeatedly sending incomplete HTTP requests that are never completed. The attacked server continues to open connections and open more as they wait for each of the attack requests to be completed.
Because of the attack’s simple yet elegant form, it uses very little bandwidth and exclusively impacts the target server’s web server, with nearly no side effects on other services or ports.
Features of Slowloris
The following are the features of Slowloris:
- In slowloris, a perfectly legitimate HTTP traffic is used.
- With the help of this tool, we can perform ddos attacks on any webserver.
- As this tool is an open-source tool so, we can download it from github free of cost.
- Slowloris can be used to carry out a denial-of-service attack by creating a large amount of botnet traffic.
- Slowloris sends many requests to the target resulting in a heavy traffic botnet.
3. LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon)
It is the most well-known DoS tool, and it has become a legend among hackers. LOIC was initially developed by Praetox Technologies in C#, however, it was later released into the public domain.
LOIC essentially converts a computer’s network connection into a firehouse of garbage request, directed towards a target web server. One computer hardly creates TCP, UDP, or HTTP requests to overwhelm a web server on its own- garbage requests are readily disregarded, while legitimate requests for web pages are handled normally.
Features of LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon)
The following are the features of LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon:
- LOIC is a free DDoS attack tool that allows us to test our network’s performance.
- It enables us to perform stress testing in order to ensure its stability.
- With the help of this tool, we can create a DDoS attack online against any website that they control.
- We can use this DDoS software to identify DDoS programs that hackers can use to attack a computer network.
- LOIC does not hide an IP address even if the proxy server is down.
4. HOIC (High Orbit Ion Cannon
The High Orbit Ion Cannon (HOIC) is a tool that can be used by an unauthenticated, remote attacker to launch distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. The High Orbit Ion Canon or HOIC is developed by the well-known group Anonymous, a hacktivist collective, in order to replace the Low Orbit Ion Cannon (LOIC) tool.
It works by flooding target systems with junk HTTP GET and POST requests.
The tool can open up to 256 concurrent attack sessions, bringing down the target system by sending a steady stream of junk traffic until it can process legitimate requests.
Traditional security technologies and firewalls find it more difficult to locate and block DDoS attacks because of HOIC’s misleading and varied strategies.
The HOIC is a well know DDoS attack tool available for Linux, Windows, and Linux platforms and is free to use.
Features of HOIC (High Orbit Ion Cannon)
The following are the features of HOIC (High Orbit Ion Cannon):
- With the help of this tool, we can attack up to 256 DDoS websites at once,
- With the help of this tool, we can control attacks with low, medium, and high settings.
- It contains a counter that we can use to measure the output.
- This DDoS machine-free tool can be run on Linux and Mac OS.
- We can choose the number of threads in the current attack.
This DDoS tool (included in Kali) differs from typical DoS tools in that it doesn’t require a lot of bandwidth and can be carried out with just one computer. It tries to take down the server by exploiting SSL flaws. It attacks vulnerabilities in SSL to bring down servers. We can easily download it from THC, but if we are using Kali, and we already have it.
6. HULK (Http Unbearable Load King)
HULK is another useful DOS attack tool that generates a unique request for each generated request to conceal traffic on a web server. HULK uses a variety of additional techniques in order to prevent attack detection via recognized patterns.
The HULK is a Denial of Service (DoS) tool that we can use to perform stress testing of the web servers. The HULK DoS tool is extremely effective since it can create a large amount of obscured and unique traffic.
The HULK tool is written in Python and can be run on any operating system that has Python installed, including Linux, Windows, and Mac. We can use the HULK tool to test network devices such as switches, routers, and firewalls. HULK traffic can also avoid cache engines and go straight to the server’s direct resource pool. As a result, it can be quite hazardous.
Features of HULK (Http Unbearable Load King)
The following are the features of HULK are:
- With the help of this tool, we can generate unique network traffic.
- HULk can bypass the cache server.
- We can use this tool for research purposes.
PyLoirs is a network vulnerability testing software that uses a distributed denial-of-Service (DDoS) attack to evaluate network vulnerabilities. It allows us to control badly managed concurrent connections and handle DDoS online. This tool can perform a DoS attack on a server by using SOCKS proxies and SSL connections. HTTP, IMAP, FTP, SMTP, and Telnet are among the protocols it can target.
Features of PyLoris
The following are the features of PyLoris:
- We can use this tool to attack utilizing HTTP request headers.
- This tool supports Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- It offers easy to use GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- It has a more advanced option with a limit of 50 threads and a total of 10 connections.
- PyLoris can be run using a Python
- It uses the most recent codebase (collection of source code used to build a particular software system).
8. Tor’s Hammer
The Tor’s Hammer was designed to run across the Tor network in order to anonymize the attack and limit mitigation options. This DDoS online tool can be used to target web applications and a web server. It performs browser-based internet requests, which we use to load web pages.
Features of Tor’s Hammer
The following are the features of Tor’s Hammer:
- The Tor’s Hammer automatically converts the URL into links.
- With the help of this tool, we can quickly link other artifacts in our project.
- It enables us to create rich text markup using Markdown (a plain text formatting syntax tool).
- It holds HTTP POST requests and connections for 1000 to 30000
- Tor’s Hammer uses web server resources by creating several network connections.
XOIC is another DOS attack tool that has an IP address, a user-selected port, and a user-selected protocol. It is a graphical user interface (GUI) based tool that is simple to use for beginners. XOIC, according to its developers, is more powerful than LOIC. There are three attack modes available. The first mode is basis. The second mode is the normal DOS attack mode. The third one is a DoS attack mode that comprises TCP/HTTP/UDP/ICMP Message.
Features of XOIC
The following are the features of XOIC:
- XOIC is easy to use.
- There are three modes of XOIC:
- Testing mode.
- Normal DoS attack mode.
- DoS attack with TCP/HTTP/UDP/ICMP
RUDY stands for R-U-Dead-Yet. It is a free DDoS attack tool that allows us to easily carry out an online DDoS attack. It targets cloud applications by starvation the number of sessions on the web server.
Features of RUDY
The following are the features of RUDY:
- RUDY is a simple and easy tool.
- This tool offers an interactive console menu.
- This DDoS Free attack tool automatically identifies form fields for data submission.
- It automatically browsers the target DDoS website and detects embedded web forms.
- R-U-Dead-Yet allows us to launch an HTTP DDoS attack using long-form field submission.
DAVOSET is software that allows us to launch DDoS attacks by abusing any website’s functionality. This command-line tool makes it simple to carry out widespread denial-of-service attacks.
Features of DAVOSET
The following are the features of DAVOSET:
- This DDoS attack for free software offers a command-line interface to perform an attack.
- DAVOSET can also help us to hit attacks using XML external entities (attack against an app that pares XML input).
- It is one of the DDoS tools which offers support for cookies.
12. OWASP HTTP POST
The OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) HTTP Post software allows us to test our web applications for network performance. It enables us to carry out denial service from a single DDoS machine online.
Features of OWASP HTTP POST
The following are the features of OWASP HTTP POST:
- OWASP HTTP POST allows us to share the result under the terms of the license.
- It enables us to share and distribute the tool with others.
- It helps us in determining the server’s capacity.
- We can use this tool to test against the application layer attacks.
- This tool can be used commercially without restriction.