Science Differences List
There are a plenty of definitions for science. In simple words, we can say that Science is a systematic and logical approach to discovering how things work on the Universe including the planet Earth. The word “science” is derived from the Latin word “Scientia”, meaning knowledge.
The main branches of science include physical sciences, life sciences and earth sciences.
- The physical science is further divided into three different subsets: physics, chemistry and astronomy.
- The life science is further categorized into Botany, Zoology and Genetics.
- The earth science is further categorized into geology, paleontology, meteorology, oceanography and ecology.
Each branch of science has plenty of concepts that differ from one another. Let us see some of the important and popular science differences!
- Abiotic vs Biotic
- Absorption vs Adsorption
- Active vs Passive
- Adhesion vs Cohesion
- Aerobic vs Anaerobic
- Allotropes vs Isomers
- Angiosperms vs Gymnosperms
- Bacterial Cell vs Animal Cell
- Bone vs Cartilage
- Cation vs Anion
- Complete protein vs incomplete protein
- Flora vs Fauna
- Genotype vs Phenotype
- Hardwood vs Softwood
- Heat vs Temperature
- Manure vs Fertilizer
- Metallic Minerals vs Non Metallic Minerals
- Mirror vs Lens
- Mitosis vs Meiosis
- Mold vs Yeast
- Monocots vs Dicots
- Organic acid vs Inorganic acid