Practice Question 2
Draw the below figure in AutoCAD
Note: Try to create the figure yourself first. If you are unable to create, follow the below steps.
The method to create a figure may involve different commands that can vary from person to person. We need to check if the output figure is correct or not.
The steps to create the above figure in AutoCAD are listed below:
- We first need to specify the limits. Set the limit 150, 150. You can change it accordingly.
- Rectangle >specify first corner point on viewport< type @80, 40 < press Enter.
- Line < create a line of length 80 at the center of the rectangle < press Enter.
We can also use midpoint from the drafting settings.
- Line < create a line of length 20 in the right direction from the lower-left corner of the rectangle < create a line of 20 in the right direction < create a length of 40 in left < create length 20 in left< press Enter.
- Line < create a line from endpoints of a small rectangle to the midpoint of a big rectangle< press Enter.
- Trim< press Enter < Select the top line of a small rectangle to trim> press Enter.
The figure will be created.
We can verify the dimensions using the linear dimension command.
Next TopicAutoCAD mirror